3 Steps to Health: Overweight Firefighter’s Story
Having a fatty liver affects nearly a third of Americans, though most people remain undiagnosed and unaware of their condition. This health condition is often associated with other health complications such as obesity, type II diabetes, leaky gut and many others referred to as metabolic syndrome.
I became acutely aware of this when helping a disabled New York City Firefighter a year ago. This is his story. . .
Mike was married six years with a beautiful wife and two young children ages five and two.
He gradually gained weight over the years and by forty, he was over 300 pounds. Mike was severely diabetic, taking both long-term and short-term insulin injections a dozen times a day. This was in addition to his metformin. His blood sugar was above 500 mg/dL regularly. It had gotten so bad that he suffered temporary blindness and had to be admitted to the hospital. His blood pressure was another major concern.
Mike was in poor shape and his wife explained to me they were moving, leaving behind their extended family and friends. When pressed for a reason why she said, “I can’t afford the house and kids after Mike dies.”
Mike had no hope and doctors told him he didn’t have much longer to live at the rate he was deteriorating.
Mike’s Three Simple Steps to Recovery
- Meal Plan – 2 shakes; morning & evening. Raw vegetables for lunch and snacks daily, mostly nuts and seeds. (Mike didn’t have to cut calories or even watch them for that matter). If you’re eating a mostly vegan, high nutrition diet weight is not usually an issue.
- Liver & Intestinal supplements – Removing candida and biofilm overgrowth, while detoxifying the liver is key. Gut Health System. Many times taking an adrenal support supplement will help speed the recover time. This is why we added Zen Sleep and Zen Calm.
- Twelve hours of fasting at night – this is so the gut lining has some time to repair itself and the immune system is not on alert fighting allergens around the gut lining.
I recommended a very simple diet for Mike that included critical liver and gut supplements. His morning and evening shake with no eating for 12 hours during the night allowed his leaky gut to begin the healing process. Some of the recipes can be found under recipes articles on this site.
I gave him probiotics and Serrapeptase to support the reduction of ‘biofilm’ and rebalance his gut flora. Typically, reducing the fat build up in the liver requires a grocery bag of supplements and can get quite expensive. We have made this easier and less costly with the Gut Health System. This includes the gut rebalancing of Candida Complex and Serrapeptase with the liver detox and gut lining restoring ingredients in Hepatiben. This is where we recommend patients start their recovery and our physician partners do likewise with positive verified labs results.
Mike’s fasting blood glucose dropped to 140, a drastic change from where he was prior. He regained his eyesight and was able to go without insulin shots altogether.*
Mike dropped a substantial amount of weight in a very short amount of time.
He can sleep through the night, no longer has sugar issues and is healthier now than he has been in over a decade. His wife no longer worries about Mike not being there to see his children grow up.*
It’s a whole new life for Mike since the 3 Step Plan began, and now it’s time to spread this story so people like Mike can improve their liver health problems. These changes are simple and are are easier than you might think to accomplish.*
Brendan Gaughran holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Molecular Cell Biology from the University of Connecticut plus a MBA from Bentley University. He has been at the forefront of developing high quality formulations for nearly two decades. Liver Medic is the second company he has started, both with the mission of helping improve common quality of life health issues.
If you believe you are suffering from a Fatty Liver and want to help improve your health like Mike did, I recommend you begin with our Three Simple Steps, including the Gut Health System.
* Results may vary and every individual may experience different results.
* Disclaimer: These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA and our products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.